Online Security & Privacy
Protecting Online Interactions
When you use our online services, you may be asked to provide personal information that is necessary for us to process your request. To ensure your transaction remains confidential, the information is sent to us using an encrypted form in a "secure session" established with Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We also require the use of authentication, such as user ID and password, which allows us to verify your identity when you access our online services. We also use firewall technology to safeguard your information from outside access.
- Choose unique passwords. Don't use your Social Security number, birth date, middle name, names of spouse or children, or anything else that someone could easily guess as a password.
- Do not share your user ID and password with anyone else.
- After you have submitted information online, we recommend that you close your browser before leaving your computer. This practice ensures you are not leaving personally identifiable information on the computer for those who may use it after you. This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public place.
- Do not leave your computer unattended during an online session.
- Contact us immediately at 1-866-582-7701 if you suspect that someone has accessed your information online without your authorization.
To provide better service and a more effective Web site, we make minimal use of temporary "cookies" in the secure areas of our Web site. A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our Web page server.
The cookies used on our Web site are temporary and are deleted automatically when you close your browser session. Our cookies provide a more personalized online experience by ensuring that your information is accurate. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to determine who you are or your e-mail address.
Privacy Practices for Internet-Based Communications
When you use the Internet to communicate with us, we make the following pledge:
- We consider any and all Internet communications as private and confidential unless otherwise clearly stated.
- We will monitor and audit security controls to ensure that Internet privacy protection is maximized at all times.
Links From Our Site
We have links from our Web site to a number of different long term care related sites. We provide these links as a courtesy to help you find information. We are not responsible for the performance or content of sites linked from yourlifesecure.com since they are beyond our control. We recommend you read the privacy statements on the sites you visit to understand their individual privacy practices.
LS-0407 ST 02/14 A09